Apple iOS 5.0.1 Update Released
On November 10, 2011, Apple did release the 5.0.1 update for iOS 5. This update covered the following changes to the operating system that is used on iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
- Battery life fixes especially for the new iPhone 4s
- Bug fixes for Documents in the Cloud
- Improved voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Security improvements especially for the Smart Cover issue
- and finally it adds multitasking gestures for the original iPad
As far as the battery issue plaguing many iPhone 4S users, it appears the update unfortunately did not fix all the problems concerning battery life and may have even created some other issues dealing with WiFi connectivity.
With the update to the original iPad that I own, the operating system patch did bring back multitasking gestures and did fix the security issue with the iPad 2
and smart cover. Overall, for the iPad the new update appears to be working ok, although it is causing havoc for many iPhone 4s users.
At this point, if you are an iPhone user, I would say upgrade the iOS at your own risk. However, my personal experience with the upgrade on the iPad went well.
Tagged with: apple • Apple iOS • gestures • ipad • websitedefender
Filed under: News
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!