Apple iOS 5.1.1 Released
About 6 weeks after Apple released the 5.1 update of their operating system, here they come with the 5.1.1 update to it. This update fixes the following issues:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Screen Lock shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixed bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and reading list
- Fixes an issue where “Unable to Purchase” alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Apple also fixed four vulnerabilities in their iOS. All four patches were in Safari, the Apple web browser, or Webkit, the open source rendering engine that powers Safari. At least one of these exploits came from the Google sponsored Pwnium hacking challenge.
How Do You Update Your iOS with the Latest Version
If you already have iOS 5 or later, you may use the over-the-air update option to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPad device.
- Tap the Settings icon on the home screen
- Tap the General option
- Tap Software Update and follow the instructions. You should be connected to a power source when you initiate the update to conserve battery life and to ensure the update downloads and installs properly.
Filed under: News
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!