Apple iOS 5.1 Update Released
Apple released an upgrade to iOS 5 for iPhones, iPods, and iPads last week. This update didn’t receive a lot of fanfare, but it fixed a few minor issues with the Apple iOS operating system.
Here is a list of the bug fixes and improvements in the iOS 5.1:
• Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
• Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
• Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
• Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces • Redesigned Camera app for iPad
• Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
• Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
• Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
• Updated AT&T network indicator
• Addresses bugs affecting battery life
• Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Although you are able to update the operating system simply over the air and not have to connect the iPad to a PC, it still appears that its the best way to perform an operating system update. When I tried to simply check for updates from my iPhone and iPad and download the update I was greeted with the following error during the download.
“Unable to Check for Update” – An error occurred while checking for a software update
When I plugged both the iPhone and iPad into a PC and updated through iTunes everything completed successfully.
Filed under: News
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!