How to Close an App on Your iPad
One of the first things you learn when using an iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone is how to get back to the main screen from an open app simply by tapping the Home button at the bottom of the device. Unfortunately, this does not close the app completely. If you are multitasking between applications you can simply double-tap the Home button, bring up the App tray, and tap the app you want to use. Switching between the apps whenever you want. This keeps the apps open though and does take up memory.
What if I want to completely close an app?
In order to completely close an app, follow these steps.
1) Double-tap the Home button at the bottom of the device to show the app tray at the bottom of the screen to reveal the app tray.
2) Press and hold an icon in the app tray
3) All of the icons will begin to wiggle and a red x will appear in the upper left of each icon.
4) Tap the red x on an icon to close the application completely
5) Repeat step 4 for each icon you wish to close. You can close all the icons if you wish to reveal a blank App Tray.
6) Press the Home button to return to the main screen
Now all the applications running on your iPad are closed if the the App Tray is blank as shown above.
Filed under: Tutorials
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!