How to Find Your iPad Serial Number
If your iPad is ever lost or stolen, you may want to look up the serial number for your iPad for a police report or insurance claim. You do have insurance on your iPad, right? If not, get some iPad insurance. Its worth it.
The problem with the serial number is its on the device, so if you did not write it down before it was lost or stolen, how do you find it?
First of all, if you have the device in your possession, follow these steps to find the serial number and write it down for future reference.
1) Tap on the Settings icon
2) Tap on the General option
3) Tap on About at the top of the right column
4) You’ll find the serial number for your iPad about two-thirds down the screen on the right side.
If you don’t have the iPad, then there are two other methods for finding the serial number of your iPad.
1) Open iTunes on the computer where you have last connected the iPad
2) If the iPad is using iOS 5, you should see the iPad under Devices. Click on the name of the iPad
3) Under the Summary option, you’ll find the serial number
If you registered the iPad with Apple when you first set it up, you can log into your Apple Support Profile and find the serial number.
1) Go to the following site via your web browser
2) Log in with the username and password associated with your iPad
3) Under My Products, you should see your iPad along with the corresponding serial number.
Now, that you’ve recovered the serial number of your iPad, write it down in a safe place so you can find it if you ever need it again. A good way to do this is to email yourself all the important information about your iPad including model, serial number, etc. Then just keep the email so you always have the information available.
Filed under: Tutorials
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!